Barista and Baker
We can't wait to meet you! We are constantly looking for great people to join our team. We are excited at the opportunity to learn more about you. We cherish diversity, inclusion and belonging, and welcome applications from everyone who is interested. Mary's Muffins is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations can be provided through all stages of the application process.
The Barista and Baker will work with speed, care and compassion to ensure our customers feel welcome, cared for and well-served in our Muffin Bakery and Café. You will be primarily responsible for taking orders and payment, preparing hot and cold coffee and tea beverages, and working with the owner to bake products, and maintain the health and safety of the facility.
A current food handlers certificate is required, and previous experience in a bakery/cafe is desired. Training will be provided.
The ability to quickly solve problems, get along with others, handle payments/cash, and a good sense of humour are useful for this role.
Compensation: $16-$18/hour to start (commensurate with experience), plus tips, profit sharing, and free food/beverage
Hours: 30+ hours per week, permanent position
Sick days/bereavement days: as needed
- Providing customer service including cashier, barista, customer complaint resolution in store, and responding to online and phone support requests during store hours
- Take customers' orders
- Package take-out food
- Portion and wrap foods
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Prepare espresso and non-espresso beverages according to the proper recipes
- Use and maintain coffee and espresso equipment
- Ensure coffee and espresso counter is stocked, and order items that need to be replenished
- Bake and prepare muffins, scones, soups and sandwiches
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Prepare batter for muffins, scones and other baked goods
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Prepare special orders
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Maintaining health and safety compliance of the store, ensuring the space is clean and sanitized appropriately
- Folding and carrying linens
- Cleaning and sanitizing tables, chairs, trays, counters and other surfaces
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Ensuring hand-washing sinks are fully stocked
- Wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils and store in drying/storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Replenish coffee supplies, beans, sugars, milks and syrups
- Requisition or order baking materials, equipment and supplies
- Maintaining a current and unexpired Food Handlers certificate, and ensuring a certified food handler is on site at all times during store hours
- Having a great attitude and spirit - compassion and care for our customers and team members
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.